Today’s environment calls for heightened security and a comprehensive, holistic key control policy. The purpose of a key control policy is to keep property, and people private, safe, and secure. It should give your organization control over access to spaces and assets.
Not sure how to set up a modern security policy? Here are nine steps for creating a comprehensive key control policy in the modern world:
- Identify gaps in your current key control policy.
- Invest in a patented key system.
- Create a master key system.
- Rekey your facility.
- Create and distribute a key holder agreement.
- Conduct staff training.
- Make lost key and new access steps clear.
- Use trusted resources during key control planning.
- Consider an RFID-based key control system.